Recent Knitting Projects

It is cold and snowy outside today, and on top of it, I seemed to have picked up a head-cold that has kept me wiped out the last few days.  So today, I am drinking copious amounts of hot tea, sitting under a warm blanket, and knitting.
First off, I finished this project about a couple of weeks ago - It is another scarf loosely based on this pattern - Gathered Scarf - made from 2 skeins of Omega Sinfonia.
013 - Gathered Scarf
Here it is modeled by my little sister Molly - We did a quick photo shoot while I was home for Thanksgiving as a precursor to doing her actual senior pictures over winter break in Milwaukee.  Isn't she pretty!
014
Here's my favorite shot from our 10 minute quickie session:
010
Over break we also got a chance to head in to Mineral Point, WI, and I picked up some 1/2 off malabrigo yarn (yum!).  I love mineral point, it is such a quaint little artsy town with a pretty little downtown.  We love to eat there as well - my favorites are the Brew Pub, and Cafe Four.  
015 - Malabrigo
This is the project I'm currently working on - it is a clutch to replace my current clutch which I have been using for about 6 years!
016
Hopefully I'll finish this today, and have a zipper in it soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Boy, you've got some really good hair genes in that family of yours! Get better soon (but not too soon - bonus sick knitting time is lovely)! Looking forward to seeing the finished clutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gathered scarf looks amazing, and your sister is so pretty!! love that little clutch you're working on.

    ReplyDelete