Making Things

Once the snow and cold sets in each year, the crafting/knitting bug starts to take over.  There is something about sitting in a sunny window with your tea, a blanket, and a crafting project that can't be beat.
This weekend I picked up some supplies for necklaces.  I've been seeing some simple geometric jewelry in a bunch of stores, and so I thought I'd try my luck at recreating them on a far less expensive scale:
Necklaces
They are made using brass and pewter mostly.  I've been a fan of brass and copper lately, so I may try to purchase some more supplies for these soon.
Necklaces
They are all long enough that they can slip over your head, so they don't need clasps, and they don't get tangled in my hair!
Necklaces

I've also been chugging away on my sweater that I've been attempting to make without a pattern.  Here is the progress so far:
 gathered sweater
It is made from a fingering weight super wash wool that is really soft.  I wanted to use a lightweight yarn so that it would drape a lot better.  I am going to try to write up a pattern for this sweater as well. :)  The neckline is crocheted and then you pick up the crocheted stitches and knit the body and sleeves.  The pattern is surprisingly simple, and fits really well so far!

4 comments:

  1. Those necklaces are so, so pretty!! And your brown pullover looks great- I love the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow everything looks great! The necklaces are beautiful, I love the diamond shaped cube pendant. And the sweater, wow!! Amazing! I'm having a hard time with a simple hat, i can't even imaging trying a sweater. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on both projects! The necklaces are so sweet, and I can't wait to see where the sweater takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm gaga for those necklaces! lady gaga.

    ReplyDelete