On Wisconsin!

I am usually not one to get political.  Why?  I think I am cursed as a Libra to always listen to both sides, and try to come to a compromise.  I don't like to rush to conclusions or make sweeping statements about other people.

That being said, I think what is happening in my home state is both deeply disturbing and extremely inspiring.
If you want, you can read a bit about what is happening in this Journal Sentinel article, or from this op-ed piece in the New York Times.

I could not be more proud of my friends, family members, and former teachers & professors who were out at the Capitol this last week protesting.  Close to 70,000 showed up on Saturday - in the cold - and peacefully protested.

Wisconsin Budget Repair Bill Protest from Matt Wisniewski on Vimeo.


Honestly, this video brought me to tears.

I am a teacher.  I pay taxes like everyone else.  I did not go in to teaching for the money, and I will stay in teaching because I care deeply about the future of our country, I want EVERY child (whether or not their parents have money) to have a chance to succeed, and I care deeply about the future of the arts.  If I wanted to make money, I would have gone to school for something else.  Whatever your political inclinations are, I hope you take the time to think about the implications of such drastic changes before it is too late.


Wisconsin "Budget Repair Bill" Protest Pt 2 from Matt Wisniewski on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment