Self Portrait, Winter Needs to be Over.

Sometimes when I get stuck in the studio I do a self portrait to get myself back on track.  This is the result:
14x14" Oil on Canvas.
072 - self portrait
I think this last leg of winter has really worn on me.  I've been working from home (teaching online) and yearning to get out and about - ride my bike, start my garden, etc.  It has been cold and windy as heck.
111
The 45 mph winds make even a 30 degree day seem frigid.
109
These shots are from the beginning of our drive home from Wisconsin to South Dakota - it is a drive that should take 71/2 hours, and ended up taking close to 10 because of black ice and crazy winds!
No more driving until winter is gone please!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful! So dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yeah long road trips in Winter are scary and un-fun! I agree with Sarah; the photos are so striking and beautiful! And what a lovely portrait! It's amazing to me that you could create something like that, just to help yourself get on track!

    ReplyDelete