Camping & Painting Trip in Wisconsin

I love camping.  I think there is nothing better than sleeping under the stars.  This last week I went on a camping/plein-air painting trip with some amazing friends who met me at Governor Dodge State park in Wisconsin.
I only had my camera the last day, but I tried to make good use of it.  
DSC_0585
Governor Dodge State Park is in Wisconsin's 'driftless' region - it is an area that was not hit with the second round of glaciers that flattened out much of wisconsin's landscape.  
DSC_0621

DSC_0609
The four of us spent most of our time painting waterfalls, lakes, cliffs, and forests.  We also managed to see a lot of wildlife: raccoon, turtles, muskrats, chipmunks, birds, and snakes.  It was just the kind of mental break I needed after frantically preparing for my solo show.  Instead of working 25 or more hours on a piece, it was a good experience to work 20 minutes on paintings.

DSC_0598

DSC_0584

DSC_0581

DSC_0579

DSC_0566

DSC_0516

DSC_0533

DSC_0520

DSC_0497
Amanda, painting in the sunshine.  

DSC_0496
Michelle with quite possibly the best plein-air painting chair ever.

DSC_0632
And the four of us after four days in the outdoors - we are looking pretty good!  Nina, Michelle, Amanda, and I.  

DSC_0637
And, last but not least, a few of the 14 paintings that I did while relaxing in the woods.  

I had such an amazing time, and I hope we'll do it again next year!  


2 comments:

  1. Very fun! Glad you had a good trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of the visitors of your site. I hope you will show more such material or data to put in our use.

    ReplyDelete